Semester at Sea

Semester at Sea

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Spain Day Two!

Today was just as intense. We started out with a faculty led tour to Montserrat which is a monastery built into the side of a mountain. People come to pray to another patron saint of Barcelona. The monastery was so beautiful! It was terrifying getting up with our bus driver, but we made it and it was so worth it! I wish I could say that I saw it all, but my stomach was on the fritz and I was NOT feeling well. So I have to admit that I missed a large chunk of it, but what I saw was nice! We have some incredible pictures of it.
After Montserrat, we headed down La Ramblas and did some shopping! I really wanted some Spanish shoes! James was super nice and let me walk him all around to the side streets and the main “Shoe Road”. I found a cute pair, but it wasn’t meant to be. No Spanish shoes for me, but I have high hopes, there is still Italy to check out ☺
After a quick trip to the Carrefore and back to the boat with some sodas, we headed back out. We found a nice little bar off La Ramblas and found a place to watch the Spain game. It was super important to James, so we tried to get out early. Unfortunately, we were a little late, so we had to search rather quickly to find somewhere to watch it! But we made it happen! I figured that the Spanish would be a little more excited that they had won, but I think they expected it. Still, every bar WAS full, so I guess there were some expectations.
Afterwards, we TRIED to get some internet at a McDonalds (the only place open and available, supposedly). No luck, which was super frustrating, but we have hopes that we’ll get connected eventually.
Day two was all about exploring and getting around. The city is beautiful, and we explored our little hearts out. We also walked our hearts out, but it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment