Semester at Sea

Semester at Sea

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Last Day in Egypt, Alexandria


Well, we slept in a bit today. Which was nice. We were all super exhausted from the trip. We’re all sick too. Coughs and congestion. James found out he has an ear infection ☹  Which is a bummer. We didn’t do much today. We had lunch on the boat. Then headed out to find some internet. We walked for a while before we found a hotel to chill out in. James and John and me stayed there for quite a bit, doing some research and all that. I eventually got to talk to my parents and my nieces, which was so nice, but we had to leave in a little bit of a rush.
Halfway through our time there was a big rush of people in a big group. They looked like they were apart of a religious group of something meeting in Alexandria in our particular hotel. Anyway, there was also another group of guys who were not part of the group who were sitting in the little table in front of us. While I was talking to my parents, James saw them one by one turn to look at us and he said that he could almost feel the tangible hate they were exuding towards us. We quickly packed up and left. I had to cut my conversation with my parents and sweet nieces short.
We walked back to the boat, had to wait in line (we were afraid we’d be late but we made it), and finally got back to the ship. We didn’t do much really. Chill night. We traded some really great pictures and had sea meeting for Sea Olympics. Tomorrow! Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment