Semester at Sea

Semester at Sea

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finals and Alumni Ball


I’m sure that at this point you can tell I’m catching up, not writing by night. I had a lot on my plate those last ten days, let me tell you what. I worked non stop all day. I had two papers for trade due (4 pages and 9 pages), a twenty page paper due for Marketing, a huge power point presentation to make for Marketing (which James helped me SOOO much on, wonderful boy), and a global studies test to make a huge study guide for and then study for. When finals finally came about, I was exhausted. My marketing group was actually supposed to help me, but they didn’t help a bit. I had to rewrite all of the sections except one. I wrote twenty pages of the twenty four. Then they couldn’t even get the power point right (though it ended up being ok). I was pissed, lol, though it was still good despite them. We were also helping out the shipboard drive at this time too, so our regular naps were disturbed. We did gain some hours though, and that was really nice. Saved my life.
When the finals were finally over, it was a dream come true. Lol. I was so relieved. That night was the alumni ball. We all got dressed up, met up, and then went down to the fifth floor dining room. People were looking so nice! I just straightened my hair (since I had a final till ten minutes before the ball), but it was ok. We went down with all of our nine friends, but we didn’t all fit on one table. We were right next to each other though. James and I sat next to our friend Matt who would have been left out if we hadn’t sat next to him. We put ourselves there because we knew it wouldn’t matter so much to us who we sat by, and we’d have to sit with three other random people because they needed to fit tables of six. Anyway, we got there before the rest of the table, and when we sat down we looked at the other tags to see if we knew the people. We did. It was my roommate and the girls directly across from us. Delightful. Hahahahahahaha. It turned out ok, but we were NER-VOUS! Dinner was great though. There was bruschetta, soup, salad, chicken or steak, and then a huge dessert buffet a couple of hours later. It was all delicious. After dinner we went up to the sixth deck and took some incredible pictures. They were awesome. Right on the ocean and we all looked great. There was some good times. We headed down to the fifth deck and Tymitz square where the captain was and took some pictures with him too. Which was pretty cool. We took a lot of pictures that night. With Tom the voice and the deans, with Joe the CRO and his wife. With the discipline officer who is from U of A. All kinds of people. It was a great night. At the program after dinner James and John played the newly wed game. John answered a question that made me want to punch him (I won’t repeat it, but let’s just say that I was EMBARRASSED), lol. John, you’re lucky I love you. Heh. After a slide show, we ate the dessert buffet. Then the dance started. We were there for a bit, but not long. We danced with Charlotte and Maggie, and then with Patrick a bit. I had a pretty killer headache though, so we weren’t there long, and I had to finish six more pages of the marketing paper before I could call it a night. It was due at 9 in the morning. The day was fantastic. A little crazy with finals and the dinner, but awesome. We have some pretty great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment